Marketing is very important to promote one’s business. A lot of businesses employ graphic designs for making attractive and engaging printed materials which can range from brochures, newsletters, business cards and other print designing stuff as their marketing tool. There are lots of marketing methods out there that you can use to ease the process of improving your brand’s visibility and image.
Using well designed and made printed materials in conjunction with digital media can definitely deliver your message effectively to your target audience to promote your business. It will also greatly influence the way that the public will accept your brand. Using print design as a marketing tool also comes with some things that you should keep in mind to make it interesting, engaging and attractive.
The color of the print material is one of the most important constituents in print designing as it has the ability to catch the attention of the customers. Excellent combinations of colors can add significance to your material although it can have opposite effects if it’s over-used. Aside from the color, the text used in the print material is also necessary to be treated with importance. An eye-catching, interesting and legible heading can capture the attention of the readers. The textual copy should also have the power to engage potential clients. The layout of the print design must be properly prepared as a bad layout can divert the interest of the readers.
If images are incorporated in your print materials, it is necessary to keep in mind that using images with the power to attract readers is essential. The shape, placement and size of the images in the print design can boost or decrease the impact of the material on your target market. When using print designs as a marketing tool, you should also ensure to provide enough information in order that interested customers will be able to contact you easily. With this, you have to give your contact information, email and website address for the customers to get in touch with you through any medium they prefer to use.
An eye catching and well made print design can surely catch the attention of your target audience and force them to take a look at your material. From there, the chances of winning prospective customers will also be increased and this would be very beneficial for your business. It is indeed true that using digital media can reach a wider audience and have your message conveyed to them effectively. Doing so is also very easy and you can be assured that many prospective clients will be able to read your marketing campaign. However, using print design together with digital media can deliver your message more efficiently as you are sure that these marketing tools are made with proper attention put into them.
Print design is an essential step in creating an effective marketing tool for the success of your business. With this in mind, getting the best services in print designing is important for you to get the finest results out of it and make it very beneficial for your business.
Color affects and influences us both emotionally and psychologically on all levels, whether it is personal or business. Certain colors have the ability to raise our blood pressure, cause our breathing to become rapid, increase our pulse rate and adrenaline. Color influences every level, from the brand logo, image, signage, display, print materials, and the product itself.Consumers are in an emotional mode when they shop for a product or service. And when they are in an emotional mode, they are more visually attuned.Choosing the wrong color(s) guarantees failure, choosing the right color(s) can close the sale.Red - Any design in red takes on a persona that is exciting, passionate, provocative, and dynamic.
- Aggressive in nature
- Commands attention and demands action
- Sexiest of all colors, red is equally seductive in the marketplace
Consumers respond well to wine tones. They see them as rich, refined, expensive as well as more authoritative, mature, lush, opulent, and elegant than a vibrant red. The result: burgundy is an excellent choice for expensive products.Pink - Depending on its value or intensity, pink has various mood swings being either romantic, youthful, happy, or sweet.
- Used for less expensive items such as toys or plastic novelty goods
- Bubble-gum pinks are immature, artificial, and seen as tacky on expensive
- Excellent choices for the food and beverage industry, cosmetics, perfumes, bath products, facial salons, and health care products.
Orange- The hottest temperature of all colors.
- High arousal that is associated with autumn’s shimmering foliage or radiant shadings of sunset
- Intense orange is a color not taken seriously because it then becomes playful, expressive, happy, and childlike
- Bright orange is an excellent choice for toys, games, inexpensive plastics, and any novelty products that appeal to children or the young-at-heart
- Peach, apricot, coral, and melon are pleasing to the eye and are outstanding choices for the upscale, affluent markets. These colors are nurturing, approachable, tactile colors that people want to reach out to touch or taste making them first-rate choices for healthcare products, dining areas, food services, or food packaging. Other first-class uses of these colors are makeup salons, beauty spas, and in beauty products and/or packaging.
Yellow - Warm, sunny, luminous yellow equals splendor and the heat of the sun in every society.
- Feeling of well-being
Various shades of yellow are associated with delicious foods such as banana cream or custard. Lemon yellow is happy with a sweet, citrus taste although less sophisticated than cream yellow. Green-yellow is often associated with tart, acidic tastes such as the lime.Using yellow and black together is a predatory and dangerous color combination. Think of yellow and black road signs.Brown–
- Rich brown is associated with hearth and home, substance and stability, and earth
- Earthy colors generally give a positive response
Whether related to wholesome and healthy or satisfying your sweet tooth, brown relates to good taste and is appropriate to foodstuffs or food service environments.Blue –
- Constant, quiet, serene, dependable, reliable, trustworthy, committed
- Cool blue is the most popular color and is strongly associated with sky and water
- Blue is an ideal color for corporate identities, web sites, packaging, and because they convey dependability and trust
- Brilliant, electric blue is dynamic and dramatic, expressing exhilaration
- Teal blue is rich, unique, and definitely an up-scale hue, pleasing to the eye and combining well with many other colors and is appealing to both genders
- Soothing, nature, refreshing, fresh
- Blue-greens and aquas are first-rate choices for packaging or the colors for personal hygiene products or beauty products as they are flattering to every skin color
- Mint greens are refreshing and fresh
- Bright greens are the first buds of spring, and renewal
- Emerald greens are elegant
- Deep greens mean prestige, security and feeling
- Deep green is an excellent choice for promoting banks, lending institutions, and other businesses where prestige and/or security are considerations
- Yellow-greens relate well to gardening/floral motifs
- Olive green is a color that does not rate well unless combined in an interesting, complex way and then only appeals to upscale buyers
- Seafoam greens are non-invasive, cooling, and calming to consumers
- Regal, spiritual, elegant, mysterious
- Complex color preferred by creative and eccentric types
- Many people view deeper royal purple as regal and majestic especially in the European market or for people of European backgrounds or sensibilities.
- Grayed undertones give more sophistication and subtlety to the color
- Watered down purple becomes softer, sentimental, nostalgic, and genteel
- Timeless, natural, classic, quality
- Beige, gray, and taupe impart the psychological message of dependability
Use these colors whenever the message is one of durability, permanence, or dependable performance whether it is for interiors, packaging, clothing or other products or services.White–
- Lightweight, pristine, pure, bright, innocent
- Implies purity and simplicity
- Pure white can cause glare and optical fatigue
- White is often used in infant products, and products involving hygiene and health
- Powerful, mysterious, strong, classic,
- Associated with magical mysteries of the night
- In food packaging, consumers will pay more for a black “gourmet image.”
- Too much black sometimes gives the feeling of something ominous
- Packaging, signage, and advertising should never be completely black as the message would be somewhat lost to the consumer
- Black and white is the classic combination of strength, clarity, power, and purity
Fact: Colors may appear to change according to their surroundings.Fact: Outline a color in black or a darker shade will enhance the enclosed color, giving it clarity and richness.References: Pantone Guide to Communicating With Color by Leatrice Eiseman, Grafix Press, Ltd. Distributed by North Light Books. Design Principles and Problems by Paul Zelanski & Mary Pat Fisher. Holt, Rinehart & Winston, Inc. NY. University of Connecticut. Color Voodoo #1: A guide to Color Symbolism by Jill Morton. Electronic books by Color Voodoo. It’s a Colorful, Colorful World by Jacci Howard Bear, Desktop Publishing. Food Business, Color Strategy, June 2001.